BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 22, 2012

Forever Twilight

We lay together
On a blanket under the appearing stars
Your arms wrapped around me
And I could stay in this twilight forever

We lay like this
Barely saying a word
Just gazing at the stars
And each other

We lean in for a kiss
That should be oh so sweet
But when I get to where you should be
There is nothing

I open my eyes
And see that you are gone
And so are the stars
My world has been shrouded in total darkness

The stars begin to reappear
But are mostly covered by dark clouds
I begin to run through the shadows
Searching for you

I keep running
A sense of panic filling me completely
I try to scream for you
But no sound escapes my lips

I am scrambling through the gloom
Fear rising
Hoping beyond hope
That I can find you

A small break in the dark
And a figure appears
One that I recognize
All too well

I run as swiftly as my legs will carry me
Towards safety
Towards familiarity
Towards you
 

I know I should be getting close
But the closer I get
To the light
The farther away you seem to be

You look at me
And outstretch your hand
Calling something
But the wind whips it away before I hear

I keep clambering towards you
With my hand reaching out
Yet I cannot grasp your hand
My own slips through air

You are lost to me again
Kept away from me
Although I see you on the outskirts
Of this dark world

I stand still
Not knowing what to do
Whether to reach and run again
Or turn back into the unknown

You are my happiness
My security
My confidence
My love

But can I keep chasing
What I cannot have
Chasing after what is always kept from me
Yet what is all I know

I am stuck in indecision
Questioning
Wondering what path I should take
What is right for me

I collapse onto the ground
Knowing this decision
Will make me or break me
But I cannot choose

My heart and mind say different things
Do I pick the light of all I know
Or the shadows of the unknown
I am stuck in this forever twilight





I'm really sorry it has been so long since I have posted guys. I have written anything in a while, this is my first poem in probably a couple months. Nothing has been inspiring me lately for some reason. This just randomly popped in my head just now and man am I glad it dead; it felt good to write again. Hopefully I'll be posting more soon. Thanks for sticking around to those of you who follow my blog. Love you guys.

*Shoot For The Stars*

0 comments: